My home computer continues to sabotage my TAD posts, so here’s another tardy post. I’ve hit the mid-month lull in this project, in which motivation comes slowly or not at all. Crafting didn’t beginning until 11 last night, but I did manage to start a project.
I decided to use the Shrinky Dink plastic to create a ring. You all might have seen this version floating around the internet. I think they are awesome, but it’s actually a lot harder to do and do well than it would seem.
I have recently experimented with making rings out of bending molded resin before it’s completely set up and then using wire to complete the ring, and after the success that was last week’s earrings I wondered if that same idea could be applied to shrinky dink.
I have a couple of kinks to work out in the process, but once I do I will post a full tutorial.
Here is the ring after shrinking and bending:
After making the medallion for the ring, I realized I about 12 shades too pale to actually wear a white ring. So I decided to paint the back side. The final product with be less of a shockingly bright green, promise:
I’ll keep you posted as to how it turns out.